Volunteers perform many vital services for patients, families, and staff members at West Houston Medical Center and Sugar Land Diagnostic Center. Every month, our volunteers collectively donate more than 2,000 hours.
Adult Volunteers (above age 18)
Adult Volunteers help staff the information desks, gift shop, patient registration, surgery waiting rooms, and administrative departments. They guide visitors through the hospital, help with paperwork, create patient tray favors, stitch surgery recovery pillows, knit newborn hats, and so much more. Volunteers with a variety of skills and interests are always needed, although our greatest need is in the gift shop and information desk. To find out more about our Adult Program and to apply:
- Adult Volunteer Program Information
- Adult Volunteer Application
- Background Form
- Applicant Reference Check Form
Junior Volunteer Summer Program
Thank you for your interest in the Summer Volunteer Program at West Houston Medical Center. Applications are accepted in March - April and the program officially kicks off annually during the first weeks of June.
The Junior Volunteer Summer Program is reserved for high school students between the ages of 16 and 18. These select students will complete an 8-week program between Monday, June 11 and end on August 03, 2018. To be accepted as a junior volunteer, you must be able to:
- start the first week of the Program
- attend all day hospital orientation on Monday, June 11th (there will be no otheropportunity to make up this class)
- volunteer a minimum of 60 hours and complete at least 6 weeks of the Program
- Junior Volunteer Summer Program Information
- 2018 Junior Volunteer Application
- Background Form
- TB Release Form (under 18)
The efforts of our volunteers and sales from the gift shop support scholarships for medical study and west Houston community projects. If you are a student pursuing a career in healthcare, please apply to determine if you qualify.