Great Cardiac Care Begins Here
West Houston Medical Center’s Cardiovascular Services team is proud to make its home in The Heart Hospital at West Houston. Our new three-story cardiac care tower, which opened in May 2011, puts state-of-the art cardiac care right in your community. Along with our new cardiac care tower is a dedicated team consisting of the region’s top specialists and cardiac care professionals. Now, everything from emergency care to testing to procedures and follow-up care can be performed right near your home. Our team approach to cardiovascular care has proven time and time again to result in better outcomes.
Quality of care is priority and that is why we were selected as one of the top performing hospitals in the country for two years in surgical, heart attack, heart failure, and pneumonia care by The Joint Commission.
For more information about The Heart Hospital at West Houston, call 281-558-3444.
Our Cardiovascular Services:
Each year, WHMC performs more than 2,000 heart related procedures on patients throughout Greater Houston. Just some of what we can offer patients:
- Experienced surgeons who perform coronary artery bypass, valve repair, valve replacement, peripheral vascular bypass procedures, and other cardiovascular surgeries.
- Cardiac catheterization labs fully equipped for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Electrophysiology services designed for patients with cardiac arrhythmias.
- A Progressive Care Unit (PCU) and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) staffed by specially trained nurses who care for patients with cardiac-related illnesses.
- Equipment and procedures that help reduce the need for blood transfusions.
- Outpatient support and treatment that helps those with congestive heart failure.
- 64-slice light speed volume computed tomography and 5-beat cardiac capabilities.
- Hypothermia treatment.
Expanding Our Cardiovascular Care
The Heart Hospital at West Houston is equipped with new cardiac treatment rooms to help us save and improve lives in West Houston. Our new tower includes:
- Two new cardiac catheterization labs
- A bi-place electrophysiology lab
- Five Diagnostic procedure rooms
- Ten cardiac recovery bays
- Twenty-eight bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU)