Diabetes Management Center and Outpatient Nutrition Counseling Services
A diagnosis of diabetes means that you and your family need to take a team approach to maintaining your health. That’s why the Diabetes Management Program offers comprehensive services to help adults, children and pregnant women meet the challenges of this condition.
West Houston also offers weight management support groups and nutrition counseling. For details, call 281-588-8076.
Led by a caring team of physicians, nurses and dietitians, our program encourages you to take control of your blood glucose levels. A better understanding of your diabetes leads to fewer complications and better quality of life.
Our diabetes management program offers:
- Education and counseling tailored to your unique needs
- Help understanding how diet, exercise and medications affect your blood sugar levels
- utrition counseling, including meal planning and carbohydrate counting
- Gestational diabetes expertise and monitoring
- Insulin pump starts and management
Understanding Pre-diabetes (video): Take the diabetes risk assessment quiz.